Hypnotism is the science and practice of inducing Hypnosis. Hypnosis is a state of mind that accesses subconscious rather than normally regarded conscious behavior.
When one is in a state of hypnosis, one is in an altered state of consciousness ~ similar to the state experienced when daydreaming ~ that results in the conscious mind being bypassed, so to speak, and the subconscious mind being engaged. It is a state of deep relaxation and heightened awareness.
Since all hypnosis is self-hypnosis, the hypnotist serves as a guide. The hypnotist simply facilitates the hypnotic experience and presents ~ in the form of suggestions ~ self-empowering concepts and ideas that support your efforts to succeed. Thus, the subconscious mind and the conscious mind work in harmony toward your success.
Hypnosis is a natural state that you experience throughout the day. In fact, right before you fall asleep and wake up you enter a type of hypnotic state. Here are some other facts about the state of hypnosis:
* Hypnosis is safe and effective
* When you are in a state of hypnosis, you remain in control and can awaken at any time you desire.
* You cannot get stuck in the state of hypnosis.
* The hypnotist cannot make you do anything against your will.
* You cannot be hypnotized if you do not want to be hypnotized.
* Motivation and willingness to follow the hypnotist's directions are important components of a successful hypnosis experience.
* You will remember your hypnosis session.
* Anyone with average intelligence can be hypnotized.
* You will reject any negative suggestions.
* Because hypnosis is a familiar and natural state of mind, you may not realize that you were hypnotized.
* Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness, not the absence of consciousness. If you expect to become unconscious, you may not realize you were hypnotized.
* You can talk and open your eyes while under hypnosis.
To achieve lasting results with hypnosis, you are required to actively participate in your personalized
program. This may require practicing self-hypnosis and/or listening to reinforcement recordings between sessions at home.